Unique desk mat keeps desk tidy and comfortable.
Extra large desk mats have been popular with PC gamers for many years. They use them to help increase the accuracy of their movements and while I’m not a PC gamer, I do appreciate how a desk mat helps to tidy up a workspace.
For a while now, I’ve used neoprene or other synthetic material-based mats. They are pretty typical for most workspaces and I hadn’t ever really considered a different material until I saw the Felt & Cork Desk Mat from Oakywood.
Felt & Cork Desk Mat Details
Felt and cork desk mats add a touch of elegance to any desk. They are also eco-friendly, as felt is made from recycled materials and cork is a renewable resource. Felt and cork matting is also easy to clean, as it can be wiped with a cloth or wet sponge. All of these reasons made my decision to switch over to Oakywood’s desk mat very easy.
Their Felt & Cork Desk Mat is made with premium natural materials including biodegradable, ecological cork, wool felt, and washpapa (“vegan leather”). It comes in two sizes — Medium (11.8" x 24.4") or Large (11.8" x 35.4"). The desk mat is designed to protect the desk and at the same time be easy to clean and wear well over time.
Facts about Materials
- Merino Wool Felt is non-toxic, eco-friendly, and certified safe under OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Biodegradable cork is 100% natural and can be extracted without hurting the tree
- Washpapa — a washable sewing paper (“vegan leather”)
- Water — remove water with a paper towel
- Spills (wine, food, oil) — wet the stain with water and light detergent. Wait 2–3 minutes, remove moisture, and repeat until the stain lightens
- Dust and dry stains — vacuum the mat occasionally