Invisible Shield Glass+ 360 Full Body Impact & Scratch Protection System for Apple Watch REVIEW | Mac Sources
Invisible Shield Glass+ 360 Full Body Impact & Scratch Protection System for Apple Watch
Have full protection for your Apple Watch without adding bulk.
Until this past fall, I’ve been rocking the original Apple Watch Series 0. It was still functioning, but very slow in its operations. So, when the Apple Watch Series 4 was released, I jumped in line to get one. I’ve always tried to keep my watches (and phones) in good shape, but life happens and so to surface scratches. I have a screen protector on my iPhone, but what about the Apple Watch? I have the Series 4 Nike+ Apple Watch with the aluminium case in Space Gray. And, even though the face of the watch is made with Ion-X strengthened glass, it is still susceptible to scratches and dings. So, I looked at the screen protectors available for the watch and found the Glass+ 360 Full Body Impact & Scratch Protection system from Invisible Shield.
Glass+ 360 is designed to show off the natural design of the Apple Watch while protecting it. The system includes a tempered glass screen protector and a bumper guard.
- Custom, Curved Fit: The custom, curved fit of Glass Curve Elite has been specially designed to fit the contours of the watch’s screen. Its beveled edges seem to disappear onto the watch.
- Impact and Scratch Protection: 100% pure tempered glass keeps the screen crystal clear and delivers unbeatable shatter protection to keep the watch looking like new.
- Stylish Edge-to-Edge Protection: Designed to perfectly match the Apple Watch, Glass+ 360 takes premium protection to a new level. The strength of high-grade tempered glass combines with a durable polycarbonate bumper for maximum protection.
- Shock Absorbent Layer: If you’re going to seize every opportunity, you can’t be afraid to use both hands. We’ve added a shock-absorbent layer that helps prevent the impact of an unexpected blow from reaching the watch’s screen.
- Enhanced Touch Sensitivity: We enhanced the touch sensitivity of the Glass Curve Elite by creating a full screen adhesive solution which ensures every inch of the screen responds to input.
- Smooth, Tempered Glass: Protecting the screen of the watch doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice its silky look and feel. Smooth, tempered glass feels just like the watch’s original screen and provides 100% clarity.
One of the things I really like about Invisible Shield’s products is that they include a full installation kit including cleaning wipes and an EZ Apply Tray, which is supposed to assist with alignment of the screen protector. To get started, you will need to remove your watch band and I suggest cleaning the watch body thoroughly. Once it’s dry, place the EZ Apply Tray to the phone and then place the screen protector on the watch face. Allow the protector to adhere to the surface of your Apple Watch and attempt to press out any air bubbles that might form. I love how well the screen protector and the frame match the Apple Watch, but I was disappointed that no matter what I did, I couldn’t get the air bubbles to push out. This made some tasks on the Apple Watch too difficult or impossible.
What I like:
- Slim form — The system does not add bulk to the watch. It’s thin and blends in with the natural design of the watch’s body.
- Easy installation — Invisible Shield provides a full installation kit and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Added protection — I like knowing that there is an additional layer of protection on my Apple Watch so that scratches and dings are absorbed by the screen protector.
What I don’t like:
- Price — The price is a bit high for what this is. There are other options for about half the cost.
- Air bubbles — Even though I installed the product as instructed, there were still air bubbles present and unlike screen protectors on phone’s, it was nearly impossible to push the bubbles out
While I love the idea of this type of system for the Apple Watch, I had too many difficulties with the set I put on my watch to keep it installed. I’ve had great luck with the Invisible Shield product line in the past, but this one just didn’t fit my watch quite right. Because it didn’t fit my watch correctly, my watch wasn’t functioning correctly either. I do still recommend Invisible Shield products and I think that others might have differently luck than I did.
Originally published at https://macsources.com on June 24, 2019.